Tuesday, June 23, 2020

TATTLER REUSABLE LIDS USAGE


Today I used the Tattler E-Z Seal Reusable Lids .  They were very easy to use.  The only thing I have to do is get use to one more step.  I have been canning for years and the regular lids are one piece.  I kept wanting to put the seal and then the ring on.  I kind of laughed each time I did it.  Told myself  we sure do get use to doing things the same over and over.  I am sure I can teach this older lady new procedures.

This is the applesauce I canned using the Tattler E-Z Reusable Lids  The ones on the right were done with a pressure cooker and the left with a water bath.  So the lids worked great in both methods.  You most likely notice that the jars on the right are whitish  color.  That is because of our hard water.  I will wash that off tomorrow when they have sat the night undisturbed.

I would highly recommend these lids and the great part is you can reuse them.

No comments: