Wednesday, November 29, 2023

SECRET INGREDIENT CARROT CAKE WITH FROSTING

.
  This cake is my hubbies favorite.  I made this some years ago and it was a winner.  I got the recipe from one of Taste of Homes 1995 editions.  The secret ingredient is Tomato soup.  I cut this recipe in half for just the two of us. To see the original recipe CLICK HERE .


I made a low calorie cream cheese frosting for this cake. Recipe below.

1-8 oz package of 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature.
1/4 cup Splenda
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cool whip lite.
2 Tablespoons walnuts, chopped

Directions:

Mix cream cheese until soft.  Add other ingredients and mix till completely blended.
Spread evenly on Cake. 
sprinkle walnuts over cake
place cake in fridge till you serve it.


NOTE:
I used my Kitchen Aid blender to mix mine.
I used half the recipe for the half cake.

ENJOY!


No comments: