Sunday, May 12, 2019

PICKLES AND RELISH

HI EVERYONE

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day.  My Son and Wife took me out for breakfast. YUMMY.

Changing gears from my individual plans to another was what happened this week.

My dear hubby went to a thrift store while waiting on a grandson at an event.  When he got there they were giving away a large box of cucumbers and a small box of cherry tomatoes.

So the next day we headed into town (which is an hour away) with my list of ingredients I needed for Bread and Butter Pickles and relish.

I love Jackie Clay's  book as she can so many things and they always come out good.

The Lord times everything.  Peppers were on sale at a local market for .89.  Walmart had them for 1.78 a piece.  Walmart is not always the cheapest on groceries.   So I considered it a great deal.  Anytime we can save money on groceries it brings a smile to my face.  We also picked up onions and spices.

It has been years since I made these pickles and relish.  I did forget some items, and since I cannot just run down to the store, I improvised.  I used some spices and it ended up tasting really good.  Most likely would not be able to duplicate it again, I said to my Dear Hubby.  He told me to write it down right then and there.  So I did.  So now I have my own recipe.  I just follow all the processing instructions in the Ball Canning Books or Jackie Clay's Home Canning Book Jackie Clay's canning book.

Tomorrow I will be doing more pickles and relish.  

No comments: